If you’re looking to become a teacher in Ohio but hold a bachelor’s degree in a different field, the Ohio Intensive Pedagogical Training Institute (IPTI) is an alternative route you can take to become a certified teacher in a short period of time. Here is a look at what the program is all about and what you need to know to apply.
Program Mission and Overview
The primary goal of this program is to provide Ohio schools with readily available and well-prepared teachers. The program makes it easier for schools to hire non-traditional certificate holders and fill staffing gaps.
Candidates can seek certification in the areas of:
- Designated Subjects in K-12.
- World Languages in P-12.
- Intervention Specialist in K-12.
- Career-Technical Workforce Development.
IPTI is a self-paced program that consists of three modules and 15 hours of field experience. While the program is self-paced, it must be completed within six months of acceptance.
Eligibility and How to Apply
Candidates interested in the program must:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in an area other than education from an accredited institution.
- Have a GPA of at least 2.5.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Pass the PRAXIS II content test.
Cost of the IPTI program is $200 and covers the coursework and materials needed. Payment may be made by personal check or money order at the time of registration.
USC Rossier School of Education
Earn your Master’s or EdD online at the Top-Ranked USC Rossier School of Education
- Live, weekly classes
- Networking Opportunities
- An on-campus immersion
- 24/7 student support services