If you’re looking to become a teacher in Iowa but already hold a bachelor’s degree in a different field, the Teacher Intern Certificate program is available to expedite the typical four-year process. Here is a look at what the program is all about and what you need to know before applying.
Program Mission and Overview
Teacher Intern Certificate candidates get certified to teach in secondary schools in a specific subject area. Prospective teachers must complete the required pedagogy coursework, which includes at least 50 hours in the classroom.
Eligibility and How to Apply
Interested candidates must:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in an approved subject area from a regionally accredited institution.
- Have at least a 2.5 GPA.
- Meet subject-area course requirements for the chosen subject area.
- Have a minimum of three years of work experience in the chosen subject area.
- Complete an introductory teacher intern program. These programs are offered through many four-year institutions.
The cost of this program varies depending on the institution candidates choose for their coursework and the number of courses required to qualify for a teaching certificate. Candidates may be eligible for financial aid, including grants, scholarships, and federal or private student loans.
USC Rossier School of Education
Earn your Master’s or EdD online at the Top-Ranked USC Rossier School of Education
- Live, weekly classes
- Networking Opportunities
- An on-campus immersion
- 24/7 student support services